I don’t know about you, but I like Mexican food…. tacos, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, black beans, etc. And I like my Mexican food hot! So when I came across this recipe, I knew I wanted to try it! But, I changed things up a bit because I’m unconventional like that
10 spinach wraps
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (I baked mine at 350 for 35minutes, seasoned with salt, pepper & the juice of a lime! Then I shredded it using a fork and my hands… much faster than any other method I’ve tried!)
1 10oz can red enchilada sauce
3/4 – 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño, diced
juice of 1 lime
– Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch dish with nonstick cooking spray.
– Pour the enchilada sauce in a bowl and whisk in the buffalo sauce. I used a little more than the 1/2 cup… tested it and decided I wanted a little more hot sauce! Set the sauce aside.
– Add shredded chicken to a bowl with 2 green onions and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add some lime juice if you so desire. Pour in 1/2 of the sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. I added the jalapeños in for extra heat
– Put a drizzle of the sauce into the bottom of the dish. Fill each tortilla with the chicken. Roll it up and set into the dish, seam side down. Pour the rest of the sauce on top, and top with the cheese.
– Bake 20-25 minutes. Garnish with remaining onions, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice & and jalapeños ;)
This was a quick meal (I paired it with a can of black beans) and it filled me up quick! The enchiladas might look dry, but I promise they weren’t! The inside was filled with the buffalo chicken goodness and it was delicious. Gosh, just thinking about it is making my mouth water! Good thing I brought leftovers for lunch again. The only thing I don’t like about the recipe/meal is the lack of vegetables… I’m wondering how it would be with some sauteed peppers and onions thrown in? They make anything taste better! Or maybe mix in some shredded carrots and zucchini? Just thinking out loud here. Er, typing outlo- uh…you get my point! :)
Have you ever had chicken enchiladas? Do you have a favorite recipe?