I was clueless when coming up with a title for this post. Mainly because it’s going to be a random conglomeration of useless information that only I will care about. Ok, it’s really not useless. But anyways… moving on…
Today is June 8th. Just like May 8th, it’s important for a few reasons:
~ a year ago today I was on a plane from Lima, Peru to Miami, then onto Raleigh/Durham. Bittersweet. Being in Miami wasn’t as much of a culture shock as I expected after a month in Peru. Half the people were speaking Spanish, and people were just as unfriendly as they had been in Peru. (not everyone was rude, just a certain few!) The layover in Miami took forever it seemed, and I loved being able to turn on my phone and text/tweet family & friends. And of course there was the people-watching that occurred during my 2-hour wait. The flight to RDU seemed to fly by (pun intended) and as the plane landed I may have shed a few tears. As much as I was ready to sleep in my own bed, I wasn’t ready to get back into the American routine. Not one bit.
~ today, some of my friends from college move 45minutes away from me!!! I can’t wait to be closer to them! And to celebrate their marriage next weekend!
~ my birthday is in a month. Yes, the big 2-2. Although I know it’s not old, it still feels like it is. My prime is slowly slipping away! 😉 I love celebrating birthdays though.
~ today my friend Steve is riding a skateboard across Indiana to raise $$ and awareness for the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Keep up with his progress here. More info here. And the Q & A post I published here.
~ today is National Best Friends Day!!! I have friends who are so near and dear to me, that I could never pick a “best.” In fact, I hate it when someone says, “oh, so-and-so is my best friend.” (Then it brings about comparisons, and we all know how I feel about those…) Here are some of the great people I am blessed to call friends. I love y’all!
A few other Friday finds:
– an interesting article about running. Good to know!
– encouraging post on the Good Women Project about how not to waste your singleess. Ladies, I recommend reading it! 🙂
– On July 12th, one of my favorite musicals will be in theaters for the 60th anniversary!!! Yes, I will be there 😉
– Did you know Obama wants you to call him maybe?!
– An apple rhubarb pie that is making my mouth water! Making this soon! Who wants some?
– A Durham cafe I am dying to try!
– I love reading updates about Duke football, especially when my friends are mentioned.